Taking care of your private information
We have been alerted recently by the Higher Education Funding Council for that some University students are receiving "phishing" emails in relation to grant awards. These emails:
- may appear to come from a University
- may suggest that you have been awarded grants or other finance
- may contain links to fraudulent websites inviting you to complete your private details (e.g. name, bank details, passwords).
As with all emails or other messages you receive:
- be very careful about giving any private information in response - messages may not always come from the stated source.
- ensure that you know who you are dealing with before you reply, click on any links or fill in any web forms.
Go back to the VLE
You are welcome to refer any email you receive to BPP for advice.