Taking care of your private information
Sometimes, students report receiving "phishing" emails. For example, in the past some students have received emails referring grant awards. These emails:
- may appear to come from a University
- may even appear to come from someone you know (e.g. a colleague or BPP staff member)
- may suggest that you have been awarded grants or other finance
- may contain links to fraudulent websites inviting you to complete your private details (e.g. name, bank details, passwords).
As with all emails or other messages you receive:
- be very careful about giving any private information in response - messages may not always come from the stated source.
- ensure that you know who you are dealing with before you reply, click on any links or fill in any web forms.
Go back to the VLE
You are welcome to refer any email you receive to BPP for advice.